GrowthSpur: A Progress Report
We’ve been using this blog lately to talk generally about keys to success in running a local site or blog. But it’s time to be a bit more specific about what’s going on with GrowthSpur these days, because we’re really getting rolling.
A quick rundown:
- We’ve got a bunch of great local sites all over the country signed up as partners
- We’re working with the Miami Herald and other major newspapers and media companies to build local ad-sales networks in their markets
- Our ad-serving and ad-network platform is up and humming and distributing its first ads
- Our Site Operations Manual, or “Cookbook”—a highly detailed guide to running and monetizing a local site—is already helping our initial partners learn how to turn their sites into sustainable businessses
- We’re launching a series of Webinars this week to provide more details and instruction on best practices for operating and making money on local Web sites—from the best way to design a site to maximize advertising potential to the inside secrets for selling ads to local businesses. And lots more.
These are key elements of the program that GrowthSpur is providing local sites and media partners to help them tap the billions of dollars of small-business advertising spending that is transforming local media. But you’ve got to be a GrowthSpur partner to take advantage of these tools.
If you run a local site and want to learn how to turn it into a successful business, drop us a note at info (AT) growthspur (DOT) com. We’ll let you know how to become a GrowthSpur partner site, get you on board for the Cookbook and Webinar series, get you into a local ad sales network, and get you access to tools that will supercharge your site, like automated ad building, credit-card processing, mobile distribution, video ads and local coupon/group-buying programs. We’re looking forward to working with you!